Hair oiling is one of the most often recommended treatments which provides your hair with complex and deep repair as well as protection throughout the day.
The big asset of hair oiling is that you can do it in the comfort of your home. There are many ways of performing the treatment; some of them take up a lot of time. However, there is no point in putting off the treatment with natural oils if we can’t find the time for several hours of oiling.
We would like to present a hair oiling method which takes up only 30 minutes and can be performed before every hair wash.
Hair oiling in 30 minutes
1. Wet your hair with water or herbal mixture which is beneficial to hair (nettle, field horsetail, camomile). Wet hair has highly raised cuticles. As a consequence, it will be easier for the applied oil to penetrate inside the hair.
2. Apply a properly chosen oil to hair. If you don’t know how to pick a suitable oil, choose the one that matches all hair types e.g. castor or jojoba oil. If your hair is very damaged and high porosity, choose oils which contain most omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. If you have normal hair of medium porosity, pick oils rich in omega-7 and omega-9 fatty acids.
3. Divide your hair into sections. Firstly, apply the oil to the scalp and then spread it on the strands. Remember not to use too much because it would overburden your hair and be hard to wash down. More or less 5 ml of the oil is enough for oiling. Massage the scalp – it will stimulate hair bulbs.
4. Leave the oil in for more or less 30 minutes. In the meantime, you can do facial exfoliating scrub and mask.
5. Wash the oil down with a delicate shampoo, free from damaging silicones, parabens and other comedogenic substances. Apply a hair conditioner..
6. If your hair is extremely damaged, you can intensify the oil’s action by applying extra portion of the oil (a few drops) onto wet strands after washing. Apply it from the mid-lengths, avoid the scalp.
7. You can apply the oil to hair ends after blow-drying – it will work as a serum and protect from damage. It is the last, most gentle and equally important stage of hair oiling.